Any goal-setters out there? If so, you’re in good company.
I’m huge on setting goals, breaking them down, and documenting movement.
Using these resources, we’ve created a list of “goal questions” we ask our 3 older boys each month.
- What will I do to learn more about God?
- How will I share the Gospel with others?
- How will I grow more into the man God is shaping me into?
- What will I get better at?
- What will I do less of?
- What new thing will I try?
- How will I exercise?
- How many books will I read?
- What will I do to help out around the house?
- What is my big, crazy goal for this month and how will I get there?
At the top of the sheet we use is this verse…
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
Because ultimately, no matter how much we plan. No matter how many goals we set. Our kids’ futures rest securely on His shoulders.
And because of everything the cross tells me about God’s love, I find freedom not fear in this letting go.
Set goals. Savor.
2021 is the year I’m finding grace in the set goals and the failed ones.